Monday, July 13, 2009

Season to Season Summer Block

This is a swap that is happening in the CQForNewbies group.
All participants have to embellish one half of the block and then send it to the hostess, and she will send another to you to complete the other half.
This is a fun swap. This is my first time at doing something like this.

This is the top corner of my block. I just embroided the word Summer, then added the pink and purple roses and added the stems.
The seam treatment is a half circles with straight stitches then added the beads.

Embroided tree. Another first time. I got the instructions out of a book called "The Crazy Quilt Handbook" by Judith Baker Montano. Enjoyed doing this technique, the stump is done with chain stitches and the branches are feather stitches. This was quite simple to do.

I am getting to like doing beaded paisleys. The top seam treatment is the feather stitch combined with lazy daisy stitch then added some beads.
The side seam treatment is a lace that I hand sewed on, added the blue beads.
I also used silver matellic thread and added the straight stitches and finally finished off with some beads.























2 comments: