Sunday, July 5, 2009

CQ challenge

Lesa, the list owner of CQForNewbies asked the group if we were in a rut with our stitches? She asked if we find ourselves using the same 2 or 3 stitches over and over again? She did say that there are hundreds of different stitches out there.
Lesa said we can combine as few as 2 or 3 stitches and make all different combinations and thought it would be fun to try a new stitch. It may even become our new stitch.
She asked us to go over to Sharon B's blog: http://www.pintangle.com/.
We were to go to the Stitch dictionary. Her challenge was for us to go to the letter of our first name, look at the various stitches listed and then pick one.
So I went to M, the letter of my married name, and I chose the Mirrored buttonhole feathered, which is also known as the Feathered Up and Down Buttonhole.

Here is my attempt, I really liked doing this stitch.


Lesa then put challenge number 2 out, and asked that we combine our favourite stitch with the new stitch we had chosen.
My favourite stitch that I seem to use all the time is the chain stitch. I looked at the new stitch that I had chosen and was trying to figure out how I was going to incorporate the chain stitch with the new stitch.
I just jumped in and kinda weaved the chain stitch in and out of the feathered up and down buttonhole stitch.
Here is what it looks like when I added the chain stitch
I really enjoyed this challenge and would have never thought of doing something like this, it is totally cool, I am going to now pick another stitch and combine it with the chain stitch, who knows what I will come up with.
Thanks Lesa for letting me expand my imagination.







No comments:

Post a Comment