Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Red Block

This is my naked block that I put together for Veleta as we are doing a private RR swap. At the time, I had missed out on putting my name down for CQForNewbies Red Block RR. So Veleta kindly asked if I wanted to do one with her, and I eagerly accepted.
After we both worked out when to post them out, someone had pulled out of the RR, so I quickly asked if I could still join and Rebecca said I could.
I was so excited when Veleta asked to do a RR swap with her and I was thoroughly excited when I was accepted in the group.

OK, this is what I have done on my block before sending it off to Veleta. Top right corner I have done a spider web with a beaded spider and the seam treatment around it is swirly chain stitch with lazy daisy stitches.

The one next to the spider web, I did a coral stitch pattern adding beads.

The centre seam treatment are half chain stitched cirlces adding on both of them straight stitches then adding the beads, and inside the top half cirles are straight stitches along with french knots, the thread is metallic.

The centre heart is a tatted motif, which I stitched into place, then added the beads.

The seam treatments around the heart are all buttonhole stitches variation.

The seam treatment bottom right is a feather stitch embellished with beads.

Lastly, the top left hand corner is a organza rose which I sewed into place and I did some fly stitches behind the rose. I didn't get the whole block as I had scanned it and the block was just a little bigger than the scanner.




2 comments:

  1. Lovely work! Great stitch descriptions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOw, look at all that vibrant and beautiful red! It's nice to see some tatting on there as well, although I couldn't enlarge the photo to see it that well so I'll just take your word for it that it's tatting! I want to learn Crazy quilting and SRE so I have places to put my bits of tatting!
    Have fun! If you like tatting feel free to come on over to my tatting blog and bring your friends!
    (((Hugs)))
    ~TattingChic ♥

    ReplyDelete